38. Goli Kalkhoran – on leaving the law for life as an entrepreneur
My guest this week, Goli Kalkhoran, was one of those people with what looked like the ‘perfect’ career path: excellent grades at school and university, a smooth path to law school, a great first job in a corporate law firm and a steady progression to be a public prosecutor. But what happens when your dream job isn’t your dream job? And how easy is it to quit a ‘successful’ professional career to chase your dream of doing something more fulfilling?
Goli talked to Naomi about the pressure of student debt in the US, her career, the difficult decision she made to leave the law, and how she built a new business as an entrepreneur from a standing start. Goli is also the host and producer of Lessons From A Quitter, a podcast that tells the stories of others who have left the corporate world to pursue their dreams. She shares some of the lessons she’s learned from that project in this episode – if you want to check out her podcast, the links are below!
Where to find Goli:
– Website: http://www.lessonsfromaquitter.com/
– Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lessonsfromaquitter/
– LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/golikalkhoran/
– Twitter: https://twitter.com/quitterpodcast
– Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lessonsfromaquitter
Follow us for more: